Randi Lowe is celebrating her 5 year anniversary with the Larose Civic Center.Congratulations, Randi, on 5 great years of service! Read More
Lockport, La., native Hank Holland has been chosen to paint the 2014 poster for the 41st annual French Food Festival, a Top 20 Festival and the crown jewel event for the Larose Civic Center. His painting will be unveiled at the 41st Annual French Food Festival Oct. 24 to 26 at the Larose Civic Center. Read More
Ted Savoie, the son of Sidney and Mathilde Savoie, was raised in Galliano, was a graduate of Larose-Cut Off High School and attended Delgado Trade School. Ted was not a stranger to the boat business because his father began his training as a rider when Ted was six years old. As he got older, his mentors became the captains of other boats. Deckhand, Mate, and Captain were all jobs Ted Savoie had until 1967 when he was taken into the office operations with United Tugs, Inc. working as personnel manager, port captain and runner. In 1980, Ted Savoie, Larbow Cheramie, and John Trosclair formed Central Gulf Towing, LLC and operate a fleet of tugboats. Read More
- Make your park visit a family affair. We have programming here for all ages. Summer Camp and Recreation! Senior Citizens daily meals and activities! Events and festivals are enjoyed by all ... bring everyone!
- Be a part of the solution. If you see something that needs to be repaired, call or visit our office to let us know! If there is litter around, do your part! Everyone makes a difference.
- Volunteer. Do you have a craft or trade that would be useful to us? Let us know ... be involved! We have jobs daily we need help with! We'd love to have you.
- Take time to enjoy your surroundings. Taking a walk or swimming a lap is good for your mental health! Moving a little more will help you worry a little less. Take advantage of all we have to offer!
- Join the $10 Plan! The $10 Plan is a long-standing program that allows the civic center to do park improvements and projects yearly.Since 1992 we have raised more than $275,000 for projects! Read More
Recently ballots were mailed and many of you have voted, indicating your preference for projects this year. As funds are accumulated, each of these projects will be completed. Read More
If you have relatives or friends coming into town, or maybe you're just looking for a night away from home, beautiful Kelly Grove Campground is the spot for you! Read More
The Larose Civic Center opens early mornings for pool activities, and the crowds keep coming throughout the day. Read More
Our summer camp had a great visit today with Lafourche Parish Fire District #3 when they visited us at the civic center. Campers learned how firemen put on gear in under 2 minutes and then we watched them participate in a race with all of their gear on! We also learned how to Stop! Drop! And Roll! We toured the fire and water trucks and learned about hoses, axes and other essential equipment. Campers were able to practice using the fire truck hose and a great time was had by all! Thanks again to the firemen of LPFD #3 for coming by and for sharing your time with LRP Summer Camp! Read More
Larose Civic Center will open the Larose Civic Center Pool for public swimming on Monday, June 2, 2014 from 4:00 to 6:00 and will end by August 7, 2014. The cost is $3.00 and concession items will be sold. Public Swimming will occur Monday through Thursday from 4:00 to 6:00. Summer passes will be offered for public swimming at cost of $50.00 per child. Read More
Larose Civic Center will be offering summer swim lessons at the Larose Civic Center Pool beginning June 2 through August 1, 2014 for the cost of $85.00 per child. The swimming lessons consist of five one hour lessons from 11:00 to 12:00 Monday through Friday. Read More
- Cajun Heritage Festival hosts 1st fall auction Oct. 9
- Join the Afterschool Care Program
- French Food Festival Queen Applicants Sought
- Rent a campsite close to French Food Festival
- Made your $10 Plan payments yet this year?
- French Food Festival Childrens Pageant
- Bayou Civic Club recipient of KC Fundraiser
- Mothers Day Brunch with Chef Randy Cheramie
- Bayou Cajun Fest Children's pageants and Queen's Dinner & Pageant
- Camp starts May 26th!